Cheddar and bacon pair beautifully in a scrumptious savory breakfast muffin.
Hands-on Time: 10 min. | Total Time: 30 min. | Serves: 12 | Difficulty: Easy
- Cooking spray
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Dash pepper
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place paper liners in muffin tins. Spray with cooking spray each liner.
- In a large bowl, combine milk, melted butter and egg.
- In another large bowl, place flour, bacon, baking powder, sugar, salt and pepper; stir in cheese. Mix with fork.
- Add milk mix to dry ingredients and mix batter until it is just combined (the batter should be thick and lumpy).
- Spoon batter into muffin tins (buttered or paper-lined), filling each about two-thirds full.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Per serving: Calories 210, Calories from Fat 130, Total Fat 14g (22% DV), Saturated Fat 7g (35% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 45mg (15% DV), Sodium 270mg (11% DV), Carbohydrates 15g (5% DV), Dietary Fiber < 1g (2% DV), Sugars 3g, Protein 5g, Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 20%, Iron 4%.