These delectable truffles are so rich and satisfying that no one would ever guess that they are vegan.
Hands-on Time: 10 min. | Total Time: 3 hrs. 10 min. | Serves: 15-20 | Difficulty: Easy
- 5 oz. coconut milk (from a can of coconut milk)
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin coconut oil
- 6½ oz. bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- ¼ tsp. orange extract
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- Chopped pistachios, shredded unsweetened coconut or cocoa powder for rolling truffles
- Warm the coconut milk and coconut oil in a small saucepan until just about to boil. Remove from heat and stir in the chocolate, stirring continually until melted. Add the orange and vanilla extracts and pinch of salt and mix until smooth.
- Immediately transfer the mixture to a small container to cool. When the mixture is at room temperature, cover and chill in the refrigerator and chill for at least 2-3 hours until firm.
- Using a small scoop or teaspoon scoop the chilled chocolate mixture into small balls and roll in chopped pistachios, shredded coconut or cocoa powder and put into a container and cover and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Store refrigerated.
Per serving: Calories 100, Calories from Fat 70, Total Fat 8g (12% DV), Saturated Fat 6g (30% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 0mg (0% DV), Carbohydrates 7g (2% DV), Dietary Fiber < 1g (3% DV), Sugars 5g, Protein < 1g, Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 6%.