This tart can easily be made square, rectangular or round. And feel free to switch up the fruit to use whatever is fresh and in season.
- 1 cup butter, (2 sticks), softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract, divided
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 package (8 oz) neufchatel cheese, or cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup kiwi fruit , peeled and sliced
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh
- 1 cup strawberries, halved
- 1/4 cup raspberries, fresh
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade, warmed
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- In a medium bowl, cream butter and 1 1/4 cups sugar. Add egg and 1 teaspoon vanilla; beat well.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and baking soda, then add to the butter mixture and mix well.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to 1/4" thickness. Place dough on a large round pizza pan. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until edges are light brown. Remove immediately from baking sheet and cool.
- In small bowl, combine cream cheese, remaining 1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla; beat until fluffy. Spread mixture over cooled cookie crust. Arrange fruit over cheese layer.
- Spoon or brush warm marmalade over fruit. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving. Cut into squares or wedges. Store in refrigerator.