If you’re looking for an indulgent main dish, you’ve found it! By layering beef tenderloin with garlic, herbs and pancetta, then rubbing it with olive oil, it bastes itself as it roasts. The result is a tender and flavorful cut of meat. The crispy pancetta on top is a delicious bonus! Pairs well with cabernet and porter.
Hands-on Time: 20 min.
Total Time: 1 hr. 10 min.
Serves: 8 | Difficulty: Medium
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. fresh rosemary leaves, minced
- 1½ tsp. fresh oregano leaves, minced
- 1 beef tenderloin (4 lbs.) or sirloin tip roast
- 4 oz. pancetta, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. Kroger Olive Oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- Heat oven to 425°F. Place a wire rack on a baking sheet; spray rack with cooking spray.
- On a cutting board, smash garlic with a knife. Sprinkle with salt and herbs. Chop to mince all. (Mixture will form a paste as you chop.) Spread paste over surface of roast. Layer pancetta slices over roast. Rub with oil; sprinkle generously with pepper.
- Roast tenderloin 30-40 minutes until internal temperature reaches 145°F or desired doneness. Let stand at room temperature 10 minutes before slicing against grain to serve.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Per serving: Calories 800, Calories from Fat 560, Total Fat 62g (95% DV), Saturated Fat 24g (120% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 205mg (68% DV), Sodium 1250mg (52% DV), Carbohydrates < 1g (0% DV), Dietary Fiber 0g (0% DV), Sugars 0g, Protein 56g, Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 40%.