Tender sweet spring peas deserve to be the star of this dish.
Prep Time: 15 min. | Cook Time: 10 min. | Total Time: 25 min. | Serves: 8 | Difficulty: Easy
- 1 package (16 oz.) orzo
- 1½ cups shelled fresh sweet peas or frozen sweet peas
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup Kroger® Lemon Juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook orzo according to package directions. Add fresh peas to the pot during the last 90 seconds of cooking. Drain. If using frozen pea place them in the bottom of the colander and drain hot orzo on top to heat through.
- Transfer pasta and peas to a mixing bowl, add remaining ingredients, stirring to combine. Adjust seasoning to taste. Serve warm, room temperature or cool.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Per serving: Calories 340, Calories from Fat 110, Total Fat 12g (18% DV), Saturated Fat 4g (20% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 15mg (5% DV), Sodium 320mg (13% DV), Carbohydrates 48g (16% DV), Dietary Fiber 3g (12% DV), Sugars 3g, Protein 11g, Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 15%, Calcium 10%, Iron 15%.