Turmeric is widely celebrated for its anti-inflammatory properties, and it’s becoming very popular as a nutritional supplement. This health-boosting spice is much more effective to consume as food rather than in capsule form. Combining turmeric with black pepper makes the healing properties more bio-accessible…even more reason to make this warm, spicy and tasty drink!
Hands-on Time: 15 min. | Total Time: 15 min. | Serves: 40 | Difficulty: Easy
- 1 cup Simple Truth™ Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbsp. fresh ginger root, grated
- ½ cup Simple Truth™ Ground Turmeric
- 1 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. Simple Truth™ Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground cardamom
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- ½ cup Simple Truth™ Coconut Sugar
- Melt ½ cup of the coconut oil in a medium sauté pan and add the ginger root, turmeric and black pepper. Heat until sizzling. Stir in the cinnamon, cardamom and cloves. Transfer the spice blend to a mixing bowl.
- Stir in the remaining ½ cup coconut oil, the coconut sugar and stir to mix well. Pour into a glass storage jar and allow to cool at room temperature, stirring occasionally until set up, ensuring spices do not settle to the bottom of the container. Seal the container and keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks, or keep frozen for up to 6 months.
- To make a cup of golden milk, heat 1-1½ teaspoons of the spice blend in a small saucepan and add 8 ounces of almond, soy, hempseed or coconut milk and heat until warmed through.
Per serving: Calories 70, Calories from Fat 50, Total Fat 6g (9% DV), Saturated Fat 5g (25% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 0mg (0% DV), Carbohydrates 3g (1% DV), Dietary Fiber 0g (0% DV), Sugars 2g, Protein 0g, Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 4%.