We all like to express appreciation for an invite, but sometimes there’s that awkward little shuffle at the door. Your host greets you with a hectic hello and a quick thanks, while thinking about their simmering pots on the stove or the appetizers that need to go on a tray.
Opening a gift and expressing proper appreciation, or running off to find a vase for flowers, is not #1 on their list of priorities in the moment.
Here’s a simple solution – simply put together an R&R kit that they can use to unwind the day after the party and seal the deal with a large, mysterious tag that says “Don’t Open for 24 Hours.”
Your host can set it aside guilt-free and look forward to a surprise the next day.
What goes in the R&R gift? If you know the host well, you can choose their favorite ways to relax. If you don’t, there are treats that almost everyone enjoys.
- Candies, chocolates, miniature cookies, fudge
- Spa day essentials like lovely bubble baths, soaps and lotions
- Gift Card for their favorite music downloads
- Pretty teacup, tea or coffee and imported shortbread
- Gift Card for a movie or dinner
- Interesting bottle of wine and a fun wine bottle stopper
- Luxurious beeswax candles
- Gift Card or certificate for a massage and essential oils
- Cute picnic blanket, two glasses and a bottle of wine
- Artisan marble cheese board, cheese and crackers
Pack your choice in a cute box or bag labeled “R&R Kit” and remember the big tag that says “Don’t Open for 24 Hours.”